Friday, November 25, 2011

Exclusive Interview : King Boom . Runaway Owl's Society exclusive

Interview by Mr.Owl






Let me introduce you to a sick beat maker and a dope rhyme's spitter :King Boom (applause)
Producer of the new Mf Grimm project




1.(Mr Owl) Introduce yourself to the world!

  (King Boom) Im King Boom Da Tyrant. I produce & emcee. Im a real big fan of real raw LYRICAL hiphop & Banging beats. 


2.When and why did you decide to start rapping and producing?

  Maan, it started around 4th 0r 5th grade when I got introduced to poetry in school. My moms is a Hip-Hop woman, indeed that rubbed of on me. And my uncle rapped too. 5th grade is also where I got introduced to Band/orchestra in school, that played a huge role on me wanting to compose music. & I started doing that in the sixth grade. Been playing instruments rapping and producing ever since 


3.What equipment do you use for making beats?

  I've been using Reason since 2002 & upgraded to every new one since. Also Ableton Live, Akai MPD18, Akai MPK mini, Vinyl of course, and I occasionally play a couple licks with my Guitar. 


4.What are your future project and what can we expect for 2011- 2012?

  I'm working on a couple projects with MF Grimm. Its crazy because it was only gonna be one project, but he asked for more beats then it became two projects, then he asked for ANOTHER set of beats so now its three possible projects. It would be interesting if he made it a Triple CD project like his "American Hunger" album was. You can expect that in 2012. & Im also working on my own Projects with me emceeing as well. Those are gonna be bananas because im not playing games at all. And more beat projects from me are coming of course. But those are produced and put out sporadically, so just be on the lookout for those. Plus im producing for various other people. Just staying busy


5.how did you end up working with MF Grimm?

  The power of social networking mane. I was uploading beat videos to Facebook and tagging people in them. Word got to my big homie "9th Scientist" who then released his album "True Kingz Of Boom" featuring mostly my production about two years ago on MF Grimms "Day By Day Entertainment" & Grimm loved it. From there he just reached out to me.


6.What about touring, do you plan to do a tour outside the states?

  Yes I do plan on touring most def! Right now im just in the process of getting my stuff together so everything goes smoothly. I was asked to go on the European Tour with the big homie "Mordicai the Foul" who is on Infinito 2017s Joe Left Hand Reocords. But do to some personal issues I cant go along this year. In 2012 I plan to be ready for anything that comes my way. 


7.What are your thoughts on the Hip-Hop right now?

  Man. Hip-Hop right now is in need of an extreme boot camp. I honestly feel like this is some of the weakest shit that I ever heard in my life. & im talking about this new era. People that are in my generation and age range. They trash. I'm just 20 years old, but I feel like an old head when it comes to my taste in Hip-Hop. I like lyrical madness and deep metaphors, not that fortune cookie simple ass knowledge these dude call themselves droppin. Rap is emotional now. Not that showing emotion is bad, but these fools sound and look like women. Rappers don't even respond to disses anymore. I want the four elements to come back into play full swing. Out of all the new Hip-Hop artist that has surfaced in the last 5 years, I probably only like two of em. For real, For real. 


8.Who and what are your  inspiration to making music? 

  My love for music most def came from my mother. But like I said my uncle used to rap when I was younger. My aunt and I are close to the same age & when my uncle ended up going to prison we started rappin on his tape decks. I guess in his honor. Lil kids rappin, an aunt & nephew. Hilarious story lol Artist that inspired me and a few still inspire me to this day are Andre 3k & Big Boi, Madlib, Pharrel, Dilla, Sleepy Brown, Parliment, Doom, 8ball & Mjg, Mystikal, Prince (The music, not his swag), Hendrix, Badu. Maaan too many. Lets just say that its the Funkiest and the Jazziest things that inspire me.  


9.What have been the ups and downs since you started making music?

  The biggest ups is the networking. Connecting with like minded individuals and artist is great. Collaborating with folks from all over is an awesome thing. The downs for me has always been whenever i get those creative blocks. I hate when I go to sit down and produce, but nothing dope really comes out. But that's only temporary. I save all my beats, even the wack ones. So I can always go back and turn something wack into a banger. 


10.What's the meanest thing ever said to you before during or after a gig?

  Never had that experience yet. But im sure there has been some behind the back talking going on.


11.What was the first lp/cd/cassette and or mixtape you ever bought
with your own money?

  Outkast - Stankonia. Bought it with some birthday money. Still have the cd in good condition too. 


12.How do you spoil yourself?

  Buying new kicks and new music. I like to get high and go eat nice food too. I love eating. 


13.Talk about your hometown?

  Little Rock, Arkansas. Most def not a city you hear too often when people talk about good Hip-Hop music. Matter fact, the most people even know about Arkansas is the "Bangin in Little Rock" Gang Documentary & Bill Clinton. But its a city that is currently growing in alot of areas. People here are actually pretty nice. Its the south, so southern hospitality all day. & Its beautiful. We are the Natural state for a reason. 


14.Who's been supporting you and your career?

  My family & friends always have supported me. And over the last two years since I have being doing this as a serious artist i gained a significant amount of fans to keep me motivated to continue doing this. I wont let yall down. Im a Hip-Hop tyrant on a mission.  


15. What do you think his overrated in the rap game?

  Drake, Jay Z, & Kanye. Drake straight garbage. But Jay Z & Kanye are nice emcees. But they are not the BEST like alot of people wanna believe.  


16. Who do you think is the best producer alive?

  MADLIB IS THE GREATEST


17. Who would be your ideal diner guest, living or dead, and what
would you serve them + what music would you play?

  That chick Teyana Taylor. Id serve a spicy seafood boil, a couple of lobster tails, with some sweet potato & apple pie & cheese cake. & Id turn on some D'angelo. You already know what im getting at. 


18. thank you for taking the time out to speak to us any final words,
and or shout outs you wanna give?

  Thank you for the interview! King Boom Da Tyrant will complete his mission by any means till it is complete. Shout out to all rocking with boom right now. Much Love and respect. 





Dope music/Hip-Hop by King Boom:
















King Boom On the net:

@datrukingboom - twitter
daybydayent.com
www.facebook.com/boomsdomain?sk=wall
soundcloud.com/king-boom
kingboom.bandcamp.com

Many thanks to king Boom for the time he give me .
Final note : support the overground Hip-Hop, support your local scene. 
Be part of the Going Up Movement = Support Share Support.

No comments:

Post a Comment